Thursday, September 10, 2009

Recalling an Experience

Have you ever been in a near-death experience? How about with four of your best friends? Almost six months ago I was getting ready for the fun night ahead of me at the Bourbon Street club in Baltimore. I was excited because my older sister, Emilee, had given me her ID for the night, because I had not turned 18 yet. Me and my four other friends were in my Jetta, heading to the local Exxon to meet up with the whole group of us that were going down to Baltimore that night. On the way turning into Exxon, I hopped a curb, resulting in a flat tire. Luckily one of my friends used to work in a shop with cars, so he changed my tire to a new one in minutes. Even though we should have taken that as a sign not to go, we still went.

We followed our friends to the club, and got there with no problems along the way. The rest of the nigh was a lot of fun, we spent a couple hours in the club, and we didn't leave until almost 1:30 am.

After pulling out of the parking lot, I begin following my friend home, back to good old Frederick. We get on the highway and after just fifteen minutes of being on the highway, I crashed into the side of an 18-wheeler. I remember that I turned around for something, and as I turned my head, my hand (that was on the steering wheel) turned the same direction as my head. The passenger side of my car was done for. The side of my car had smashed into the back wheels of my car...and proceeded to run over the hood. My engine was smoking, glass was everywhere, and two flat tires made it difficult to get my car to the side of the road.

Thank God that not one of us was hurt, besides my passenger who got a few cuts on her hands and feet from glass.

Everyone starts freaking out and I had no idea what to do, I had never been in an accident before. So instead of calling to police, my best friend whips out her AAA card. I was on the phone with AAA for a tow truck when the representative asks me, "Have you called the police yet?" and we felt like the dumbest people in the world. The police showed up with an ambulance and a firetruck and gave me a ticket for the accident. When all was said and done, the five of us pile in the "party" tow truck and head home, probably never to go to that club again.

1 comment: